Saturday, September 22, 2012

Farewell.


(Photo by Stacy Curtis. ©2012)

Every time I pass this manhole cover on my bike ride, I imagine Alice Otterloop doing a dance on it. So I made this little wooden heart, glued a magnet on it and stuck it to the manhole cover today as a tribute to Alice and her little dances in Richard Thompson's comic strip "Cul de Sac," which ends today.

Somewhere in the distance, I swear I can hear Timmy Fretwork playing his banjo as Alice dances on the manhole cover and Petey watches safely from his bedroom window.

So long, dwellers of "Cul de Sac." You will be missed.
And well wishes to Richard as he continues his fight against Parkinson's disease.

Links:
Richard Thompson Ends Cul de Sac Comic Strip
Richard Thompson's blog.
Cul de Sac on GoComics.com

And please consider making a donation for Parkinson's research.

1 comment:

SonnyMoon42 said...

Yes, it was sad to see "Cul de Sac" come to an end. I'll miss the Otterloop family very much!