Thursday, January 29, 2009

Stacks of Books


The author of the famed "Raymond and Graham" chapter book series, Marvelous Mike Knudson and I are teaming up over the next couple of days and taking our dog and pony show to the deserving children at Ellsworth Elementary School, Ranch View Elementary School and Naper Elementary School in Naperville, IL.

In the picture above are some of the books I've been signing for the past couple of days. Mike signs his name and I sign and doodle a little drawing in each book.

My usually drawing process consists of pencilling a drawing, then tracing over my pencil lines in ink and then erasing the pencil lines. But when I have to sign books, I don't have time for all that. The first time I did a LIVE booksigning I nearly pissed my pants. I just couldn't draw in someone's book without pencilling first! And even worse, I couldn't do it FAST enough to accomodate a line of kids waiting to get their book signed. Hundreds of thousands of books later, I dive right in. When I get "in the zone," I can do some pretty nifty drawings without worry.

Go buy:

Raymond and Graham Rule the School

Raymond and Graham Dancing Dudes

No comments: